Editor (online and hardcopy)/conference + seminar organizer:
KCI (Knowledge, Communication, Information) Publishing is a technology driven, independent media and information group. The company is a market leader in processing and delivering technical information with a high added value for the global flow control communities in the process industries. Famous brands are Stainless Steel World, Valve World, Pump Engineer, and Heat Exchanger World. We do business in more than 80 countries worldwide. Our portfolio contains over 120 media and 32 powerful labels. Our media are published in English, Chinese, German, and French.
Since its foundation in 1989, the company has enjoyed a healthy annual growth, and it is its ambition to further expand its products and services in Europe, the Americas, and Asia. Today the company employs 80 people representing 22 different nationalities, staffing offices in Holland, Germany, China, Canada, and India. Together, we have created a powerful suite of communication tools, ranging from printed media, digital newsletters, websites, research & intelligence, conferences, exhibitions and TV etc. Due to our multi-media concept and our multi-cultural staff we can develop solutions that meet our clients’ needs regardless of where they are located. We can do so because we know them well. Our clients are the driving force behind our success and will further strengthen KCI’s position in new fields of applications and geography in the future.
As part of our on-going growth, we currently have the following vacancy in the Dutch (Zutphen) office:
Experienced editor (online and hardcopy)/conference + seminar organizer:
The editor will be responsible for maintaining and expanding our communication networks leading to the fruitful expansion of our editorial services and products relating to our magazines, websites, social media, newsletters, conferences & exhibitions, and further related products. There is plenty of scope for individual input and creativity, with excellent prospects for professional growth.
- To write/edit material in the English language for our media channels
- To have responsibility over one of our magazines/newspaper titles
- To organize and coordinate conferences and seminars
- To develop and strengthen new and existing networks
- To understand and meet the continually changing information needs of our community members
- To acquire data and knowledge to feed our various media channels
- To globally oversee our editorial media channels from concept to publication (including their day-to-day running, production, and planning)
- To contact companies by e-mail, telephone, and face-to-face with the aim of attaining content and ideas
- To represent our company on business trips visiting companies and conferences
- Mother-tongue English language; additional language skills would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have helicopter vision and be able to deal with the pressures of meeting deadlines
- A team player who is able to work autonomously
- Knowledge of the publishing business and social media (two year’s minimal experience)
- A commercially oriented mentality
- Computer and web skills: expertise with online and social media
- Willingness to travel
- A good salary
- The possibility of permanent employment
- 25 days holiday + 10 ATV holidays per calendar year
- Flexibility in working hours
- The ability to work semi-independently and be responsible for ‘own projects.’
To apply for this function please send an email with CV to Ms Joanne McIntyre, Senior Editor at KCI Publishing BV (email@example.com) or phone: +31 575 585 298.